Send us your pictures, video, news and views by texting NORTHERN ECHO to 80360 or email us
"Researchers in the US have raised hopes for a simple genetic therapy that could prevent devastating diseases being passed on from mothers to their children," The Guardian reports…
- Air pollution linked to silent strokes
- New asthma treatment within five years, researchers hope
- A magnet for mosquitoes? Blame your genes
- St George's Day
- When contact breaks down
Buy & Sell
Yamaha Electric Piano Yamaha Clavinova CLP120 electric piano. First class condition. Dark rosewood finish. Complete with stool. Full size 88-key graded hammer keyboard and three pedals. 14 voices, 50 built-in ...
- Antiques and collectables (47)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (9)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (9)
- Clothing (52)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (11)
- Furniture and furnishings (76)
- Gardening and Outdoors (11)
- Health, fashion and beauty (16)
- Household and DIY (51)
- Miscellaneous (28)
- Pets (6)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (14)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - kath ward
WARD On April 10, suddenly at home of Wearside Drive, Durham, Kath aged 82 years. Loving wife to
Births - mark and helen dinsdale
DINSDALE (nee Dobbing) Mark and Helen are pleased to announce the birth of their son Douglas
Birthdays - Hannah KENNEDY
Hannah Jayne KENNEDY Happy 9th birthday. Lots of love from Mammy, Daddy, Grandma & Granda
Marriages - andrew and emily dickins lovegreen
Andrew DICKINS and Emily LOVEGREEN The engagement is announced between Andrew, son of Mr and Mrs