Send us your pictures, video, news and views by texting NORTHERN ECHO to 80360 or email us
Long term drug user died after injecting amphetamine
A LONG term drug user died after injecting amphetamine into his foot, an inquest has heard.
Trevor Horton, 47, of Borough Road, Darlington, died in his home on September 25 last year.
An inquest at Chester-le-Street heard that a friend had seen him take the drug several hours before his death.
Coroner Crispin Oliver said it was clear that Mr Horton was a heavy drug user and had fatal levels of amphetamine toxicity in his blood.
He recorded a verdict of misadventure.
- AN inquest into the death of a pensioner who suffered bleeding on the brain has recorded a verdict of accidental death.
The hearing at Chester-le-Street was told that Audrey Simpson, 90, of Deneside Road, Darlington, died at Darlington Memorial Hospital on November 15 last year, seven days after falling over at home.
She did not seek medical help until six days after the fall when she started suffering headaches and sickness.
Coroner Crispin Oliver said Mrs Simpson died from a massive subdural heamorrhage caused by the fall.