Send us your pictures, video, news and views by texting NORTHERN ECHO to 80360 or email us
Teenager died after taking fatal mix of drugs
4:44pm Tuesday 10th September 2013 in News
A TEENAGER died after taking a fatal mix of drugs at her Darlington home.
Sian Carys Marks, 19, was rushed to hospital after she was found unconscious at the house she shared with her boyfriend in Cartmell Terrace, on April 4.
An inquest into her death at Crook Coroners Court heard details of a post-mortem examination, which found Miss Marks died as a result of a fatal drugs overdose.
A toxicology report found that Miss Marks had taken a number of drugs, some prescribed by a doctor and others which were controlled substances, which in combination had led to her death.
Recording a verdict of death by a fatal drugs overdose coroner Andrew Tweddle said there were no suspicious circumstances around Miss Marks’ death and that there were no indications that she had intended to take her own life.