York chip shop fire

Firefighters were called to a fish and chip shop on Bishopthorpe Road in York at 10pm on Saturday night (January 25) after a bucket of scraps caught fire in the rear of the shop. There was smoke damage to the shop. North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service say it was started accidentally by an accumulation of fat.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree