Send us your pictures, video, news and views by texting NORTHERN ECHO to 80360 or email us
Newton Aycliffe estate's phone line saga rumbles on
Updated 4:31pm Wednesday 26th February 2014 in By Lizzie Anderson
RESIDENTS who have endured months without telephone or internet have been assured the cause of the delay will be resolved within a week.
Despite numerous complaints to BT and their service providers, the residents at Greenwood Court in Newton Aycliffe are still without phone lines, more than three months after moving into the new estate.
Last month, a BT spokesperson, told The Northern Echo the delay had been caused by a “combination of unexpected challenges” but reassured residents the work would be completed soon.
However, almost one month on, the frustrated householders are still waiting and say they are sick of being lied to.
Greenwood court resident Philip Clark said: “We are completely fed up. We just can’t get a straight answer out of anyone.
"Every person I have spoken to has been given a different date for when it will be up and running and we don’t believe anything people tell us now.”
The BT spokesperson apologised for the continued delay.
“Civil engineering works are now complete following delays caused by weather conditions across the UK and collapsed underground ducts,” she said.
“Cable engineers will now install all the necessary on and off site cabling and are very hopeful that work will complete by the end of Monday at the very latest.
“Service providers will be notified that engineering work has been completed so they can go ahead and arrange individual installation appointments for their customers.”