Man rescued from North Yorkshire home following fire

The Advertiser Series: Fire crews rescued a man following a blaze at a property in Stillington Fire crews rescued a man following a blaze at a property in Stillington

A MAN had to be rescued from his flat after a fire broke out today (Sunday, March 30).

Fire crews from Easingwold and York were called to Stillington at about 8.15am on Sunday, after reports of a flat on fire on Main Street, where a person was trapped.

When fire crews arrived, they rescued a 43-year-old man from the home. He was treated by paramedics at the scene and taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

Firefighters then carried out an inspection of the property to ensure the fire was fully extinguished and ventilated the home. North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue say it is believed the fire was started in the kitchen, where food was being cooked. 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree